Pit Stop Punctuation Practice – Fix the Sentences (L.K.2A and L.K.2B) Free
Grade Level: Kindergarten
Practice common core standards L.K.2.A and L.K.2.B with these free racing-themed practice pages. Kindergarten students will love being a member of the pit crew and fixing the incorrect sentences! Works on capitalizing the first word of a sentence, capitalizing the pronoun ‘I”, and ending punctuation (period, question mark, exclamation point).
Each page has a “Clue from the pit crew” which is a hint about the skill being practiced. Practice punctuation in a variety of ways!
Includes the following pages:
– “I” Spy What Needs Fixed (capitalizing the pronoun “I”, circle the incorrect words in a paragraph)
– “I” Can Fix It! (capitalizing the pronoun “I”, fix and rewrite the sentences)
– A Great Start (capitalizing the first word in a sentence, circle the incorrect word and rewrite it correctly)
– Coming In First (capitalizing the first word in a sentence, write the first word for each sentence)
– Cap Off the Capitals! (capitalizing the first word in a sentence and the pronoun “I”, fix and rewrite the sentences)
– Finish It (ending punctuation, write the correct punctuation mark at the end of each sentence)
– Punctuation Pit Stop (ending punctuation, write each sentence with the correct punctuation mark)
– Find It and Fix It! (capitalizing the first word in a sentence and the pronoun “I” and ending punctuation, circle the mistakes in each sentence and write the sentence correctly)
“My favorite racer calls me aunt” – this product was inspired by my nephew, Justin Bolton, who is currently trying to become a NASCAR driver.