I don’t know about you, but I always like my learning activities to reflect either the current season or our theme. It helps the students stay excited about learning and just makes it more fun.
Fun Independent Practice
Now that there is an increasing need for digital activities, I decided to create some winter-themed skill practice activities that students could have fun with and do independently. I’m a big fan of student independence which is why I created these digital activities that young students can do on their own while you are managing your small groups. The best part is, the students have so much fun building the snowmen that they don’t even realize they’re building skills too!
For each set, students finish building the snowmen by dragging and dropping the 2 correct snowballs to each snowman (dotted lines show students where to place the snowballs).
The interactive drag and drop feature makes it engaging and fun for young students. They will eaglerly want to do their practice center!
I made all the sets similar so that once they learn how to do one, they can then complete the others with ease completely on their own. You only have to teach it once!
Seasonal Literacy & Math Skills Practice
I created sets for the skills that students usually need extra practice with during the winter months. There are sets for beginning sounds, color words, word families, 2D & 3D shapes, addition, subtraction.
Google Slides & Boom Cards
Each set is available as Google Slides or Boom Cards so you can choose the format that works best for you.
The Boom Cards are self-checking and an answer key is included for each Google Slides set making them super simple to use to assess your students’ skill mastery.
Try a Set for Free
Try the short “a” word families set for free with your students. It is a sampler from the short vowels word families set. Watch the short video to see how each set works and then click the links to get the free downloads.
If you enjoy the freebie and would like to try more skills, they are available for both Google Slides and Boom Cards on Teachers Pay Teachers. Click the links below:
- Winter Letter Sounds Beginning Sounds Google Classroom
- Winter 2D Shapes Google Classroom
- Winter 3D Shapes Google Classroom
- Winter 2D Shapes & 3D Shapes Google Classroom Google Slides Bundle
- Winter Addition to 10 for Google Classroom
- Winter Subtraction to 10 Google Classroom
- Winter Addition to 10 Subtraction to 10 Google Classroom Google Slides Bundle
- Winter Colors, Color Words Google Classroom
- Winter Word Families Short Vowels Google Classroom
- Winter Literacy & Math Google Classroom Google Slides Digital Bundle
- Winter Beginning Sounds, Letter Sounds Boom Cards
- Winter 2D Shapes Digital Boom Cards
- Winter 3D Shapes Digital Boom Cards
- Winter 2D Shapes & 3D Shapes Boom Cards Bundle
- Winter Addition to 10 Boom Cards
- Winter Subtraction to 10 Boom Cards
- Winter Addition to 10 Subtraction to 10 Boom Cards Digital Bundle
- Winter Colors, Color Words Digital Boom Cards
- Winter Word Families Short Vowels Boom Cards
- Winter Literacy & Math Boom Cards Digital Bundle