April Showers Calendar, Weather, Math Activity
April showers not only bring May flowers but they will also increase your students’ math powers! With this calendar and weather activity students keep a record of how many rainy days occur during the month of April. Related math activities are also included.
Grade Level: Preschool, Kindergarten, First Grade
- Cut out the umbrella and raindrop patterns below.
- Hang the umbrella near your calendar area.
- Explain the saying “April Showers Bring May Flowers”.
- Have students predict how many rainy days they think there will be during the month of April. Record their predictions.
- Each day, look outside and determine if it is raining.
- For each rainy day place a raindrop under or near the umbrella.
- Have students keep track (count) the number of days with “April Showers”.
- At the end of the month count the total number of rainy days, count the total number of days without rain, then compare the two numbers.
- At the end of the month count the total number of rainy days and see which student’s prediction was closest.
- On a rainy day place a container or measuring cup outside to collect the rain. Have students predict how much rain you will collect. At the end of the day compare their predictions with the actual rainfall collected.
You may also like:
Graphics by www.mycutegraphics.com